Submissions now closed for 2014.
Place by Design considers projects in four stages of development:
- Ideas: Projects that exist only in a conceptual form
- Projects in Planning: Projects in the process of implementation
- Completed Projects: Finished projects that have been physically installed on a site
- Student Projects: Can be in any of the above stages, do not have to be for academic credit
All Types of Projects are Welcome:
|Architecture||Temporary Urban Interventions|
|Participatory Public Art||Landscape Design|
|Urban Gardens||Pop-Up Concepts|
|Digital Initiatives||Street Art|
Criteria for Judging
- Originality: Does it surprise?
- Interactivity: Does the design invite participation?
- Spread-ability: Does the design have “viral” potential?
- Sustainability: Does it have a minimum environmental impact?
- Accessibility: Is it easily accessible?
- Community impact: Was it designed for community needs and wants?
Questions or comments? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Place By Design 2013 Entry - Photo courtesy 72 Hour Urban Action