The Office of Sustainability works to promote the three pillars of sustainability: prosperity and jobs; conservation and the environment; and community health, equity, and cultural vitality. The Office provides leadership, influences positive action through engagement, and creates measurable benefits for Austin by achieving:
- Net-zero community-wide greenhouse gas emissions by 2050
- A healthy and just local food system
- Resource efficient strategies for municipal operations
- Tangible projects that demonstrate sustainability
- A resilient and adaptive city
We are pleased to support SXSW Eco in bringing the most inspiring and innovative sustainability speakers and programming to Austin.